Thursday, April 21, 2016

Blog 22: Independent Component 2

Me in front of the courthouse


LITERAL
(a) Include this statement: “I, Ethan Porsona, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents about 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
  • It was my mentor Daniel Benitez that helped me with this component. I did not really use any other source.
(c) Update your Independent Component 2 Log (which should be under your Senior Project Hours link)
(d) Explain what you completed.    
  • I went to a courthouse in Pomona to view court trials and see lawyers in action. I attempted to watch the trails and take notes on what was happening and what the lawyers were doing. My main goal was to observe how the lawyer would act with their clients.
(e) Defend your work and explain the component's significance and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.   
  • Over the past couple of weeks I went to a court house in Pomona. First I had to plan which courthouse to attend and what time I could attend. The address of the courthouse I went to is 400 Civic Center Plaza Pomona, CA 91766. Before I went to see any trials I had to go to the sheriff’s office and ask which trials I was allowed to see. When I saw the trials they were very long. It took some cases at least a few days to reach a verdict. There was one lawyer that talked for about an hour straight before he sat down to let the other attorney start speaking. While listening to the lawyers I managed to take some notes.


Here are some of the notes I took









Displaying CAM00118.jpg
Displaying CAM00118.jpg
(f)How did the component help you answer your EQ? Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped.

  • One of my answers is communication and by watching these trials I was able to see how a lawyer communicates to the judge, the jury, the client, and the people on the stand. I notice how one lawyer asked very specific question to help support his argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment