Monday, August 24, 2015

Blog 2 - Summer Mentorship

A copy of a Supreme Court Decision my mentor gave to me.
1. List the contact name, phone number, and organization of the person with whom you volunteered.
Name: Daniel Benitez
Phone #: 909-627-4559
Organization: Pool Law Group
2. What qualified this person as an expert in your topic choice?     
         This person is a lawyer. He passed the bar exam and went to the University of La Verne College of Law. He works with other lawyers and paralegals. Before he got his job at Pool Law Group he worked with the District Attorney.
3. List three questions for further exploration now that you've completed your summer hours.    
         What knowledge or experience should I have in order to become a lawyer?
         How can lawyers best represent their clients?
         What are some ways legal problems can be solved?
4. What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
         I learned that lawyers have very interesting careers. The job requires a person to be persuasive. After reading some documents that went to court I noticed how lawyers have to use facts and examples to prove their case. They would have to think of solutions that would help their client the best.
5. What is your senior project topic going to be?  How did mentorship help you make your decision?  Please explain.
         I’ve decided that my topic will be on law and legal studies. It will be on Bankruptcy Law. My mentorship basically introduced this type of law to me. It showed me how when people have debts they can’t pay a lawyer can help them with bankruptcies or foreclosures.

1 comment:

  1. Is Mr. Benitez a bankruptcy lawyer? What made you decide on that focus? How did you end up getting your mentorship?

    ReplyDelete