Thursday, February 4, 2016

Independent Component 1

LITERAL
(a) Write: “I, Ethan Justin Porsona, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
(b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component.
" California Bankruptcy Process – How to File Bankruptcy in California." California Bankruptcy. California Bankruptcy.2005. Web. 14 Jan. 2016..
La Fond, John Q. and Singer Richard G,. Criminal Law Examples & Explanations, New York: Aspen Publishers. 2004. Print.
LegalAidKY. “Bankruptcy Overview.” Online video clip. Youtube. Youtube, 22 March, 2011. Web. 27 Jan. 2016.
"Process - Bankruptcy Basics." US Courts. US Courts. n.d. Web. 14 Jan. 2016.
(c) Update your hours in your Senior Project Hours link. Make sure it is clearly labeled with hours for individual sessions as well as total hours.
(d) Explain what you completed.    
First I participated in a mock trial. I logged my hours after school to study and prepare. Then I decided to create a flowchart describing the bankruptcy process. I spent most of the time researching for the flowchart and I found some useful sources and some not so useful sources.
INTERPRETIVE
Defend your work and explain its significance to your project and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
Here is a screenshot of the finished flowchart:

APPLIED
How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate this.
It helped me learn more about litigation. The mock trial really helped with understanding what it is like in the courtroom. In bankruptcy law the lawyer spends long hours in the courtroom talking with other lawyers.
The flowchart really helps grasp the process of bankruptcy and the different types. through this experience I learned a lot about the six chapters of bankruptcy. When I started I only knew about Chapter 7 and Chapter 13. Now I know about Chapters 9, 11, 12, and 15.

Grading Criteria

No comments:

Post a Comment