Friday, October 30, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

27e9ee6758d8c4355439d4cf57b8a577.jpg
1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)
I guess I would say that I’m really just shadowing him. I’ve been observing what my mentor does at work. He also lets me read the paperwork from some of his old cases. I feel like I could be doing more meaningful things. There are some other experts at the law firm my mentor used to work at.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  
He is a lawyer that attends the same church as I do. It wasn’t really hard to convince him. Even before I asked him to be my mentor he was already giving me advice.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship with this person
I would rate our relationship a 7 or 8 out of 10. I didn’t know really well before I asked him to be my mentor. With the time I spent with him I would definitely I have gotten to know him a lot better.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?
He answered all the questions very nicely and it was good that I was able to schedule the interview with him when he had the chance. He knew what he needed to say. I would say I still need to work on doing more meaningful work. I haven’t done any challenging tasks so far. I think I’m just going to ask my mentor what I could practice to sharpen my skills.

Link to Audio:

No comments:

Post a Comment