Thursday, October 8, 2015

Blog 8: Independent Component 1 Proposal

albert einstein creativity.jpg
1.  Describe in detail what you plan to do for your 30 hours.
For my independent component I have decided to use the experience from the mock trial the mock trial. This gave me some good experience on how lawyers work in court. I got a good idea on what lawyers have to do in court. As a defense lawyer I hope I did my best to guide my client through the court process. It was my job to put any reasonable doubt into the minds of jurors.
I could also do more research on how bankruptcy lawyers have to do and know to help their client. I can study some techniques that they for when they negotiate. I want to try and make some flow chart or step-by-step guide on what bankruptcy lawyers have to do.
2.  Discuss how or what you will do to meet the expectation of showing 30 hours of evidence.
The mock trial only completed part of the hours. I had a week of preparation and I spent it looking over the witness information and client information. With all that information I was able to strategize on how I can advocate for my client. I have a criminal law book that I will study. I found some articles on what a lawyer should do in court.
As for the guide I’m thinking about doing, I’ll research what a bankruptcy lawyer has to know, then I’ll start creating the steps on what a bankruptcy lawyer should do and how to handle certain situations.
3.  Explain how what you will be doing will help you explore your topic in more depth.
It really helped me sharpen my critical thinking skills. I had to plan ahead and know what to say. I would also say that I sharpened up my research skills. In a collaboration with the prosecution we got the witnesses to answer some question. Most of this was done outside of class. I got an idea of what the witnesses were going to say. This helped me prepare for a cross-examination.
The guide will help me get a better understanding of bankruptcy lawyers. I’ll have more knowledge on how to advise people in debt. I’ll know what I’d have to do in certain cases.
4.  Update your Senior Project Hours log.
I'll update the link on the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of the flow chart to present what you've learned. That would be pretty neat.

    I've noticed that you haven't been updating mentorship. Make sure that you do that. I also had expected to see some hours listed already for the mock trial. Where are those?

    ReplyDelete